Friday, April 4, 2008

To paint, or not to paint...

For two years I've been debating painting our fireplace. I just can't decide. Originally, we decided no - because of the brick along the floor, it seems a little too high maintenance for us. Then, we decided no because we were going to replace our current surround with one similar to this when we replace our wood burning fireplace with a gas fireplace.

Since then, a few new projects have come up that pushed back the fireplace. So, it's time to decide if we should paint, or not paint. (Please excuse my serious lack of photoshop talent!)




What do you think - Should we go white?

4 comments:

Alison said...

LOVE IT! Go for it!!

Siqi said...

I like the painted look, I would go with a warmer tone of white.

keep in mind that the grout joints will not be as visible if you paint over the hole surface. I personally like the painted brick look, we have a section of wall that's painted brick in my house.I really think it's a good way to add some texture without being too loud.

Jenny said...

I think painting the brick will add light to the room. Go for it!

Anonymous said...

I love the painted brick look. I think it will look great!